Postdoctoral Associate - Neuroscience (90002091)
· Baylor College of Medicine
· Location: Texas, US
· Job Number: 7062188 (Ref #: 2172-en_US)
· Posting Date: Nov 6, 2019
· Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Functioning somewhat independently, the Postdoctoral Associate will design, organize and conduct highly specialized and advanced experiments using established scientific protocols and procedures and in some cases designing new protocols; summarize findings and publish results in research journals; assume general responsibility for scientific operations of the laboratory; provide supervision and guidance to junior technicians, students, and researchers。
· Design and implement research protocols; design safety procedures; adapt new procedures, methods or instrumentation relative to research procedures。
· Oversee media preparation, animal maintenance and equipment maintenance; quality control analysis of reagents.
· Collect, prepare and analyze research data; keep a detailed notebook summarizing experiments and recording research data; maintain computer database of research data; tabulate and display data for presentation in research conferences and for manuscript preparation; use graphics and statistical software to analyze and present data。
· Supervise other personnel in the laboratory to coordinate research efforts for increased efficiency; participate in training of fellows, residents, students and volunteer workers as needed.
· Search pertinent scientific literature as needed.
· Assist with ordering and procurement of supplies and equipment and with general maintenance of laboratory.
Education: Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
Experience: None required。
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer。